Information about coronavirus and the procurement of goods
As an employer and supplier, TOOLS AS is focused on preventing the spread of the coronavirus infection. We are acting in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health and make specific reference to their website.
The following apply at TOOLS AS:
- All employees have been informed that they must comply with all health measures outlined by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
- There is a good capacity for ensuring good hand hygiene through the use of either hand washing with soap and water, or the use of hand sanitizer.
- Increased use of gloves in stores and warehouses.
- No face-to-face meetings will be held with suppliers from outside the Nordic region until further notice. In general, it is encouraged that all meetings be held using digital solutions.
- Customer meetings may only take place by agreement with the customer.
- As many personnel as possible are working from home.
- In the event of a suspected infection among the workforce, self-isolation at home is being used.
- Employees who have returned from travel abroad have been quarantined in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health.
- Break rooms and canteens have been closed. Personnel are instructed to bring packed lunches to work that must be eaten at a distance from others.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in our premises and of particularly vulnerable areas in our stores, as well as door handles, etc.
- We encourage our customers to use our online store at TOOLS.no where at all possible.
- TOOLS employees who supply and replenish goods on site with the customer will comply with all customer guidelines at the relevant location.
- TOOLS has introduced strict rules relating to work-related and personal travel.
Delivery and procurement of goods
- Deliveries from TOOLS are taking place as normal. We are in close dialogue with logistics providers, customs authorities, etc. to ensure that we can make deliveries to our customers. All our warehouses are well-staffed.
- All our stores are open as usual.
- Unless otherwise agreed, our goods replenishment team are continuing to visit customers to provide goods refills.
- For those customers who do not wish to visit one of our stores or be visited by one of our sales team, it is possible to order goods by phone, email or through our online store. Visit TOOLS.no to find the contact details for your local store.
- We have introduced a stoppage to deliveries from suppliers who cannot confirm that they are familiar with the guidelines issued by the Norwegian Institute of Public Health at any given time in relation to how to prevent and limit the spread of coronavirus, and that they are working actively to ensure these guidelines are adhered to within their business.
We will continue to provide further information on an ongoing basis at TOOLS.no.